About Me

My Photo
Rong Lee's Story
saya orang yg hidup bersama orang2 disekitar saya.. hidup kuat bersama orang yg saya sayangi.. mengenai hidup..menurut saya hidup itu unik..saya sering bertanya.. sebenarnya kita hidup untuk apa? setiap orang mgkn akan menjawab..hidup untuk sukses, menjadi orang yang berguna, hidup untuk menjadi nomor satu.. so..by the way..is that the reason we live? saya pernah punya hobby dimana saya suka menulis perjalanan saya,, dan merangkainya bagaikan sebuah kisah yang selalu abadi.. karena hidup itu indah..dan kita hanya hidup 1 kali.. maka itulah saya ingin membuat blog ini, mungkin sebagian orang berpikir kenapa saya harus memamerkan cerita cerita saya disini, karena menurut saya hidup tidak perlu di tutup tutupi, saya percaya apa yang saya alami di kehidupan saya juga pernah dialami orang lain, apa yang pernah ada dipikiran saya juga pernah dipikirkan oleh semua orang, bedanya sebagian orang tidak pernah sadar apa yang pernah mereka pikirkan dan menganggap itu adalah hal-hal tidak penting, sedangkan aku berbeda.. menurutku segala sesuatu yang kita rasakan , kita lihat, kita dengar, kita pikirkan adalah awal dari kebahagiaan..
View my complete profile

Chapter 2 of being Monastic

Continue..from the Chapter 1 :Of being Monastic..

Chapter 2 - I realized how lucky I am --

First Day and First Dinner..
In Fo Guang Shan actually they don't have dinner in a monastic ( monk ) life..
They called it an medicine to regenerate our body.. for Monastic who doing hard Work a whole day..

Yeah..
Monastic in Fo Guang Shan always being busy..
Looking at them tell me about real Life..

Life always need to work, that  give us an experience and the meaning of Life.. For a long time a lot of people think being monastic is because lazy to work..stay safe, hiding by a name..
but actually they are totally wrong..

I can see.. someone who can become a monastic is a special one and stronger than a lay person like us..
we said they are lazy, actually they working hard than us...

they also talented, and skillful, full in understanding the experience of life..
They understand about Life, Human Being even themselves..

Yeah this is Human Being..
including myself..sometimes we think are clever than others.. the best after we can handle in one things, we show out all our arrogance and wealth..
but sometimes we do not know that we are weaker inside..

we didn't realize we are being controlled by Life..
being fooled of praise from people, and suddenly controlled by status..

Join this monastery retreat at the first day, and the second day.. i feel very uncomfortable..
i quite miss my home, Food actually..
right here we have no time for taking a bath, not enough time to sleep, always stay mindfulness, no Lazy things..no efficient , no adoring yourselves.. and no additional food at night..

in my daily Life, especially Indonesian..
is too lucky..we are staying with family, have anything to eat, being covered and protected, everything had been prepared for us..
we can do anything that we want,
like an example, eating together in one table, having a joke,chat, eating and in a same time watching television..
we drink when we want..we put sauce and everything as we want.. no waiting just have everything that we want..

But when i was sitting at DINING HALL as a monastic..
it was a really unique style to eat ...

I was sitting and Looking around--
there are around 1000 monk sitting quietly waiting for a meal..

All i can see is people have a same cloth ,( monk uniform ) , same behavior, same hair style ( No Hair ),
no make up..

I even realized..everytime before we start to have our meal..
there is always a bird files inside the dining hall..haha

I watch to everyone expression..
all is same...
everybody is focusing in one view..when i was looking around..
suddenly my Teacher come and said to me..

Not to look around... " Keep your Eyes !, Do not too much action, Sit properly... Do not Lay your Back! Sit Half your chair! "

at that time i keep asking myself..
Why there is no smile and so quiet..?
Why i can't look around..and enjoy the moment?
All i can hear is only the sound of Chop Stick.. ting tiang ting tiang..

What an unique moment..
But after day by day..i'm starting to understand why there is so much rule in eating our meal?
that actually teach me for being patient..
For this long time I always want everything coming Fast..
but now i learned to wait for each other..

I was always like to looking around..
But now i need to focus in one things why?

That teaches me..to control myself and mind..

Eating with a lot of mind will cause  stress you know.. haha
that's why my Mother always said to me..
when you eat..go to eat..
when you sleep go to sleep..
do not bring other mind to disturb it..


There is a rule in moving our bowl and plate... I wonder why?
but now i realized it is to keep my mind concious..
This is one of my mind weakness actually..
sometimes if too much things we need to do in our daily Life.., We can forget and ignore a simple things and the last all was messed up..

one day in my Lunch..because i was too focus in moving my bowl and plate..
i forgot to take inside my fruit and Yogurt..
and at the last..it was taken by the Xin Thang ( people who volunteer to serve meal )..

at that time i keep mourning about that Sweet and delicious Yogurt and Fruit..
I wish the Xin Thang will bring back to me again..
haha

but after a minute.. i realized why i need to have this disastifaction in my mind?
i don't want to have a bad mood in having my meal because of that Yogurt and Fruit..
at the last i finished my meal, and that SWEET things never come  back to me..haha
so my conclusion there is a useless things if we keep sad for a whole life by something that had passed..

This is Human Being..
always being attach ( melekat ) with something we haven't have and we don't have.., being  greed for something but never enjoy what we have right now..
after having one thing we haven't enjoy and use it well yet..but we start to think having another new again..
that is the one always cause dissatisfaction , jealous and stress in our daily life hoho
 

Nice Lesson for me today..
thank you for this moment..



There are 3 Chapter Left to go ....
Coming Soon --
 
Stay strong and Love Me..
Rong Lee..

1 comments:

Jokaa Jess said... | September 3, 2010 at 12:02 AM

from this chapter, I feel that you really learn something there..
keep on be mindful :D


Followers

Guest Book

Popular Posts

About

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Inside My Brain & Soul

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger